As we face the Christmas season with a dwindling cash reserve, it's come to our attention how to obtain an economically priced Christmas tree. You can buy a special Christmas tree permit for only $5.00. The special part of that permit is that you get to cut the tree down yourself. Most of you know how I enjoy a challenge and I've been eagerly contemplating this one. Should I drive a van into the forest with 4 children, cut down a tree, haul the tree to the van, lift the tree and secure it to the top of the van? And more importantly, which object do I use to cut a tree down? I voiced these thoughts to my children and they eagerly gave me various responses. Emily replied, "You mean, a forest with tigers and bears? No way, I'm not going into the forest." Meanwhile, Noah and Ben were discussing how Noah would chop the tree down and Ben would catch it. After much careful consideration, we've decided to go to the tree lot down the street, purchase a $19.99 tree and go to the forest next year.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
lol.... what a great plan that was formed... I dont think I would want to go into the forrest either... good job EMily!!!!
by the way tell those wonderful kids hello FROM ALL OF US!!!!
Post a Comment